The San Giorgio Monferrato winery was created in 1949 by 19 founding members. They wanted to collaborate in order to face better vinification and marketing problems of their grapes.
Despite of the initial difficulties, the administration of the cooperative made some important decisions: extending premises, improving the bottling line, changing of the statute with obligation for the members to supply their whole production. These brave and important choices gave a significant financial and commercial boost to the cooperative, as well as a renewed image.
Since then many structural improvements have been made. Today the winery is a firm, which is strongly rooted in Monferrato Casalese and it associates local winegrowers from various municipalities: Alfiano Natta, Casale Monferrato, Cella Monte, Cereseto, Conzano, Lu Monferrato, Mombello Monferrato, Olivola, Ozzano Monferrato, Rosignano Monferrato, Sala Monferrato, San Germano, Terruggia, Treville, Vignale Monferrato and of course San Giorgio Monferrato. The cooperative has at the moment 80 members which supply all their produced grapes, for a total of 27.000 quintals per year.
The particular hilly location of the vineyards, the accurate selection of the grapes, the high enological professionalism and the use of modern technologies in the winery, as well as the ancient Monferrato winegrowers’ inheritance permitted to reach high quality results.
The frequent awards prize the commitment at the S. Giorgio winery in striving for the best quality. The wide range of products at the modern equipped firm store can satisfy all customers’ needs, from Italy or abroad. 60% of the produced wine is marketed there.